We have been going around town catching new Pokémon and visiting new PokéStop locations. In few days of Pokémon Go launch, we have met some people playing the game and it’s not even difficult to spot them near PokéStops as their eyes fixed on their smartphones. It’s always fun to meet people with similar interests such as this and we know soon there will be an option to trade Pokémon. If you like it or not, you will talk to nearby Pokémon Go players to get your favorite Pokémon or just to complete your Pokédex.
While there is no Chat option on Pokémon Go, there is an app developed by Tethr called Pokémon Go Chat. This app works on the same concept as Pokémon Go.
How To Use Pokémon Go Chat To Talk To Nearby Pokémon Go Players
- First, you need to download the App from this link Pokémon Go Chat for android.
- Install the app and open it. You need to create a username and password and register on the app.
- Once you are registered, you will see a google map on your screen. Make sure your GPS in on.
- The google map will point to your current location and below the map, you will be able to see posts from other players.
- You can click on the players and send them private messages or view their profile.
- The post button allows you to post a message in the on-going thread. The users in the app are nearby your location. You can even see their location in real time.
- This app can be helpful in meeting new people but it is still in development phase and needs a lot of work to stabilize. It crashes a lot and sometimes you can’t even see other people’s posts. But still, it is the first step until Pokémon Go gets an official chat app which seems a little unlikely for the near future.