Vodafone Launched 4G Service for Customers in Delhi NCR
Vodafone has announced the rollout of Vodafone 4G LTE service in Delhi NCR on Wednesday,3rd February. Vodafone said that 4G services will be rolled out in a phased manner across Delhi NCR within few months. The rollout of 4G services in Delhi NCR will start from Gurgaon.
Vodafone customers having 4G LTE enabled handset supporting FDD-LTE Band 3 (1800MHz) network will be able to use Vodafone 4G services in Delhi NCR region. Company has already started the rollout of 4G services in kerala and Kolkata and is about to roll out in major cities like Mumbai and Bangaluru.
Vodafone will be offering 4G with different data packs according to data usage of different customers. Data packs will be ranging from Rs.11 to Rs.2499, where minimum data pack of 35MB at Rs.11 and maximum of 20GB at Rs.2499.
Vodafone is also offering FREE 1GB 4G Data to its customers upgrading to 4G
Vodafone 4G LTE users will also get free access to television, movies and music through its Vodafone Play service for 3 months. To access these services users will need 4G SIM card. Vodafone 4G mobile Wi-Fi to use with up to 10 devices will be available.
(Also read : How to Get 4G SIM in Delhi and Other Regions )
For the existing customers Vodafone is offering free upgrade to 4G SIM card. Doorstep delivery of 4G SIM card is also available for the requests received before 4pm on the day. New users can get 4G SIM at all outlets, however, existing users can exchange their old SIM card at select outlets only.
Steps to Switch to Vodafone 4G LTE Ready SIM
- Walk in to any Vodafone store near you and ask for 4G ready SIM.
- Vodafone Staff will check your 4G handset compatibility and after proper verification you will get new 4G SIM
- To activate new SIM card you have to send an SMS ‘SIMEX <4G SIM card number>’ and send it to 55199 from your current SIM.
- After sending the above SMS, you will get an response SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number.
- After that you have to send the last 6 digits of your new SIM number to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the response SMS.
- You will receive a success SMS, after which new 4G SIM will be activated within 10 minutes.
When current SIM stops getting signal, replace your old SIM with the new 4G SIM and continue with the service.