Latest update lets user to Star messages on WhatsApp
WhatsApp, after rolling the update which provides users to backup their chat on Google Drive has now rolled out the latest update which allow users to star messages on WhatsApp. However this update is only available for Android users but will be available to iPhone and Windows phone user later.
Now, with this new feature user can star the important messages as it will be easy to find these messages whenever needed.
How to Star messages on WhatsApp ?
- Open the chat and then long-tap the message wanted to star.
- After long tapping the message, you will see 5 icons of Star, Delete, Copy, Forward and Menu icon. Tap on the star shaped symbol, then you will see star icon along the side of that message.
How to Find Starred message?
- Tap the 3 dots, which is menu icon and select the “Starred messages” option.
- There you will find all the starred messages.
How to Delete Starred messages?
- From the list of starred messages, long-tap the message you want to delete.
- Now Select the Star icon which now appears with a diagonal line on it. Message will be deleted.
To try this feature you need to download the APK file with version number 2.12.338 from the official site of the WhatsApp. As this feature is still in testing Phase, so try it at your own Risk.
You can download the apk from www.whatsapp.com/android/
This can be really useful feature to find the important messages. Android user can start using it now but the iPhone and Windows users have to wait for while. As we have seen the rolling pattern of update from the WhatsApp, we can say that iPhone users will get it very soon . However windows phone user have to wait more than that because windows phone get the update very late as compared to that of Android and iPhone.